The patented UMC® CX™ Coupler is a universal shock-attenuating drive connection between the center drive gear motor and final drive gearbox. The CX™ design reduces installation time and it is a must-have service part because this one coupler fits all brands of center pivots and lateral / linear irrigation systems.
UMC®’s patented CX™ coupler fits a 3/4”, 7/8″, and 1” drive shaft as well as metric sizes. It comes pre-assembled and is purpose built to save installation time and deliver higher performance.
Features and Benefits
- Designed to fit the most common imperial and metric drive shaft sizes
- Pre-assembled to save installation time
- High strength drive shaft saddle allows for installation with an impact wrench without breaking the saddle
- Drive shaft orientation enables centering of both 3/4″ and 7/8″ drive shaft sizes allowing for concentric rotation, extending the life of the puck insert
- UV stabilized urethane puck dampens center drive start up torque, extending final drive gearbox life
- Alignment bolt holds insert in place and maintains alignment under extreme loads
- UMC® SQUEX-Bolts (Square Neck – Hex Head) for easy one wrench installation
UMC® was the first to introduce the shock attenuating coupler with a flexible insert. This drastically improved gearbox life and significantly reduced drive train maintenance.