UMC® Standard Driveline Coupler
The UMC® Standard Coupler is designed to connect the center drive gear motor to the final drive gearboxes. In addition to connecting these critical drive train components the coupler acts as both a torque dampener to absorb start up torque from the gear motor and as a fuse to protect the other critical drive train components in an overload condition.
Features and Benefits
- Shock-attenuating puck insert allows for softer starts and stops, extending final drive gearbox life
- Designed as a fuse to protect the other critical drive train components in an overload condition
- Alignment rod holds insert in place and maintains alignment under extreme loads
- Urethane insert is an environmentally stable material with excellent UV and chemical resistance
- Grooved insert option converts any coupler for a towable application
- UMC SQUEX-bolts (Square-Neck, Hex-Head) create unique anti-rotation feature that allows for fast single wrench assembly
- Curved insert pressure pads compensate for out of line conditions
- Proven service record of over 30 years
- UMC® was the first to introduce the shock attenuating coupler with a flexible insert. This drastically improved gearbox life and significantly reduced drive train maintenance.